Back in September 2010 I upgraded the intake on my IS250 with the polished aluminium D-AFI pipe by Joe Z and modified the lower airbox to create a deep growl. Original post about that mod can be found by clicking here

Then.... for F-Sport non-hybrid models of the 3rd Gen IS and 4th Gen GS, Lexus introduced a intake sound generator. Which is essentially a diaphragm that resonates intake sound. The sound generator is positioned strategically to channel the resonated intake sound straight into the cabin.

So, I thought I'd like to try it out with a combination of my original airbox mod and the sound generator.

So I purchased the complete assembly with the sound generator from a breaker for £80 and sold my JoeZ pipe for £70 to cover most the cost.

Below are some photos of the new intake and sound generator followed by a video clip demonstration. This is pure intake resonated sound with NO performance exhaust.

This sounds even more amazing from outside the car. A lot of other manufacturers use synthetic sound played into the cabin through the sound system which is only fooling the people inside the car.











0 Comments