With all the recent carbon hydrodip i've done, one thing that is still looking odd and out of place is the centre navigation/multimedia stack unit. The factory finish is a dark grey colour which doesn't flow well with the rest of my carbon theme. I've seen many people get the carbon overlay stickers that go on top of the unit. In photos they look awesome but when I saw it in real-life it wasn't really upto my standard as the edges were not perfect fit and not to mention there are cut-outs for the labels. It also covers the original Lexus logo etc. 

So, I ditched the idea of sticking overlays as I thought it would look too cheap and you can tell it's a stick-on overlay. I want it to look perfect. So, I decided to remove the unit and completely dismantle it and hydrodip the unit in black carbon. I made custom decals to replace the Lexus and Mark Levinson logos but this time in white colour. And I also made custom decals for the labels. These were then clear coated over.

I also painted the small satin silver bezel that frames the navigation screen in a satin black colour. And finally, I painted the satin silver button seperating pieces in satin black too.

Project is now complete, and some photos below. I'm really pleased with how it has come out.








































0 Comments