So I purchased some CCFL LED reflectors for my rear bumper. It's the 3-mode version which is designed to work as follows:
  1. Parking Lights
  2. Brake Lights
  3. Sequential Turn Signal
Seeing as it's red in colour, I really don't like the idea of using the sequentials as a turn signal light. So instead what I have done is wired the sequential mode to be the brake lights when the parking lights are off. And when the parking lights are on then the sequential is disabled completely and normal brighter brake lights operate.

The reason I completely disabled the sequential braking when parking lights are on is because I noticed if I parking lights are on and I try to activate the sequential, the light goes off briefly then the sequential sequence runs and then goes off for a second and then the parking lights come back on. I felt this is too much going on and kind of makes it look like it's malfunctioning. 

So mine just work as sequential brake lights during the day with lights off, otherwise brighter brake lights with parking lights on.

I also added extra layer of sealant around the edge where the joints are just to be on the safe side. These chinese lights are sometimes very bad at water and moisture ingress protection.

Below are some pics and videos










0 Comments