A lot of cars are now coming with ambient lighting options. Got me thinking about retrofitting something. There are a lot of aftermarket ambient lighting options from RGB controlled to fixed colours. Personally I wasn't too keen on it because the examples out there were overdone and made the interior look like someone has decorated their car with christmas light decoration. So I thought I could try out just the door cards to keep it very subtle and add a resistor to further dim the output so it's not too bright.

So I decided to go for a fixed blue colour because the tubing is blue and when the car is off, the tubing just looks like piping work on the leather. So  it's very subtle all the way.

The project is now complete and I am very pleased with the result. I've had people see it in real life thinking it's an OEM finish, they didn't know it was actually lighting, thought it was just some sort of piping which is exactly the effect I wanted.

Below are some photos and videos:









0 Comments