I recently parked my car in a car park only to come back and find someone had hit the front corner of the bumper. Damage was only to the bumper corner and the headlight washer jet. The vinyl wrap survived it well but unfortunately the bumper had cracked in a few spots so it tore through the wrap. I've repaired the headlight washer jet and was considering just repairing and re-wrapping the bumper to keep costs down. But then I shopped around and realised that I could do this mod for under £500 and I could sell off most of the parts from the other bumper (FSport spoilers, grilles, emblems, fog lamps etc.) and recover a fair amount of money towards this project. So hence, couldn't resist this project.

The plan is to convert a 2014/15 3rd Generation IS F-Sport bumper to fit my 2nd Generation IS 250.

The 3rd Gen IS has two different bumper variants, the F-Sport and regular. I was after the F-Sport because of the grille and the air scoops on the front bumper.

I've got all the parts minus the rubber weather strip that sits between the bonnet and the grille. I've been quoted £35 for this. So far my spend has been just over £400. Once i get the weather strip, the build cost should be around the £450 mark.

The new bumper has the rear mounted flush type parking sensors. I like the style of these parking sensors compared to the ones I currently have. So I decided to test a theory with a spare sensor that I have. I cut-out the outer section to see if it fits into the PDC hole and if it still works. It works and fits perfectly.

Below is a pic of the finished look followed by lots of pics of the custom bumper project.


























0 Comments